Eldorado County will be restricting travel across the Rubicon River Bridge at Rubicon Springs on August 20th starting at 10:00AM for the purpose of re-building the bridge deck and approaches. The bridge will re-open on August 21st as soon as the work is done.
Rubicon Springs bridge repair project
Project Date: August 19-21, 2016, with freedom to arrive early and stay late
1. Replace all timber and hardware on the Rubicon Springs Bridge
2. Repair concrete abutment/drive surface/wing wall on the west end of the bridge.
- Vickie Sanders and/or John Arenz will be on the project from El Dorado County for prep work, logistics, and at least one of us will be onsite.
- Billy Eister will head the Timber Group, bringing with him whatever experts he needs.
- Wayne Lippert will head the Concrete Group, bringing with him whatever experts he needs.
- Shannon Chard, the FOTR Trail Boss, will be providing volunteers to assist with labor (20-25 people)
- Jeff Blewitt will head up cook Crew
- All material will be provided by El Dorado County Parks
- All concrete, rock, and timbers will be delivered onsite by the county via helicopter
- Food will be provided by Rubicon Trail Foundation
- Will be in Rubicon Springs, approximately ½ mile away, John Arenz will contact RSSI to secure cooking facilities, camping, and toilet facilities acquired
Please sign up at the link below
Sign up sheet for FOTR work party, fill out the form August 19-21 Rubicon Springs Bridge Repair FOTR Work Party 2016.
To fill it out, visit:
Any questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you
Shannon Chard, FOTR Trail Boss
Visit http://www.friendsoftherubicon.org for sign ups and information.