The Sierra National Forest will host an open house on Wednesday, February 17, 2016, at the Sierra National Forest Headquarters at 1600 Tollhouse Road in Clovis between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
The purpose of this meeting is for the public to review and comment on the Forest's OHV preliminary 2015/2016 grant cycle application. Feedback from the meeting will be considered into the development of the preliminary grant application to the State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR)Division.
Each year the State of California makes funding available through the OHV Grants Program. The Grants Program provides financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations (federal, city, county, nonprofit, etc.) that develop, maintain, operate, expand, support or contribute to well-managed, high quality, OHV recreation areas, roads and trails.
2015/2016 Grant Cycle - Important Dates:
- March 7, 2016: Preliminary applications are due.
- March 8, 2016 through April 4, 2016: Public review and comment period. Applications will be available for public comment at OHMVR Division's website http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/.
- May 2, 2016: Final applications are due.
- May 2016: OHMVR Division review of final applications.
- June 6, 2016: Application Results - Intent to Award posted on the OHMVR Division's website.
- June 7, 2016 through July 6, 2016: Thirty (30) calendar day appeal period.
- July 7, 2016: Final awards posted on the OHMVR Division's website upon resolution of any appeals.
The Forest's application will focus on maintaining off-road vehicle routes, facilities, signage, law enforcement and education.