SUMMARY: The Forest Service intends to prepare an environmental assessment to establish management direction for the land and resources within San Gabriel Mountains National Monument, designated by Presidential Proclamation on October 10, 2014. The Forest Service, as the responsible agency, proposes to amend the 2006 Angeles National Forest Land Management Plan with a management plan to provide for the protection of the objects of interest identified in the Proclamation. Approximately 99 percent of the Monument occurs on the Angeles National Forest and 1 percent on the San Bernardino National Forest.
DATES: Comments concerning the scope of the analysis must be received by July 27, 2015. The draft environmental assessment is expected in the spring of 2016, and the final environmental assessment and draft decision notice is expected in the summer of 2016.
Scoping meetings are scheduled for:
• June 22, 4–8 p.m., Pacific Community Center, 501 S. Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA
• June 23, 4–8 p.m., Palmdale Legacy Commons Senior Center, 930 East Avenue Q9, Palmdale, CA
• June 24, 4–8 p.m., Glendora Public Library, 140 S Glendora Ave;, Glendora, CA
• June 25, 3–7 p.m., Pico House, 424 N Main St, Los Angeles, CA
• June 26, 4–8 p.m., Big Pines Lodge, 24537 Big Pines Highway, Wrightwood, CA
Click on the below link to read the complete Federal Register Notice...