Saturday, 23 May 2015
  0 Replies
  5.2K Visits

4x4Voice News-BytesThe California Off Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation program is funded through a combination of gas tax for fuel in vehicles used off road and user fees in the form of green and red sticker registration.

There is one little known component of the gas-tax funding that is important.  Each county within the state that offers an OHV recreation opportunity is entitled to receive what is termed "In-Lieu" funding.  45 of 58 counties in California receive in-lieu funding of varying amounts.

The funds are distributed semi-annual by the State Controllers Office. (see reference link below)

The attached documents provide current and historic distribution of in-lieu funds.

Additional information about the OHMVR Program including In-Lieu Funding, Program Audits, and more is available through the 4x4Voice Information Notebooks.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, JeepWire, TrailTalk, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc. and MUIRNet Consulting.

Copyright (c) 1999-2019 OutdoorWire, Inc and MUIRNet Consulting - All Rights Reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without express written permission. You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material. All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.