SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., June 26, 2017 – The San Bernardino National Forest will increase the current seasonal fire restrictions effective Saturday, July 1, 2017.
Hot, dry and windy conditions along with critically dry and receptive fuel types throughout the San Bernardino National Forest have prompted local fire mangers to implement additional fire restrictions. The restrictions are designed to prevent accidental wildfires, these restrictions will affect additional recreation sites and become more restrictive in areas already in restrictions.
The fire restrictions that are effective on all San Bernardino National Forest lands are as follows:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire or stove fire except within the areas listed in exhibits A, B, and C to view the approved sites click here .
- Smoking is prohibited, except within an enclosed vehicle, building, or in the areas listed in exhibits A, B, and C to view the approved sites click here .
- Persons with a valid California Campfire Permit are not exempt from the prohibitions listed above, however, persons with a valid California Campfire Permit may use a portable contained-gas or liquefied-petroleum stove or lantern with a fuel shut-off valve.
- Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame is prohibited.
- An approved spark arrester is required for all off-highway vehicles.