PORTERVILLE, Calif. - The Sequoia National Forest and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will hold a public meeting/workshop Thursday, Jan. 19, from 9-11 a.m., at the Kern River Ranger District Office (105 Whitney Rd., Kernville) to obtain public input into the development of preliminary 2016/2017 grant-cycle applications to the State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division (OHMVR).
This meeting will allow the public to share desires and concerns pertaining to the Sequoia National Forest and BLM OHV program prior to the preliminary grant application deadline of March 6. The Forest Service and BLM will incorporate feedback from the workshop into their 2017 grant applications, enabling continued management of a sustainable program that benefits the users and protects resources.
2016/2017 Grant Cycle – Important Dates
• Monday, March 6: Preliminary applications are due
• Tuesday, March 7 to Monday, April 3: Public review and comment period
• Monday, May 1: Final applications are due
• May: OHMVR Division review of final applications
• Monday, June 5: Application Results - Intent to Award posted on the OHMVR Division’s website http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/
• Tuesday, June 6 to Tuesday, July 6: Thirty (30) calendar day appeal period
• Wednesday, July 7: Final awards posted on the OHMVR Division’s website upon resolution of any appeals
Both the Forest Service and BLM’s applications will focus on maintaining off-road vehicle routes, facilities, signage, law enforcement and education. The OHMVR, Sequoia National Forest and BLM have maintained a successful partnership for over 25 years.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, JeepWire, TrailTalk, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc. and MUIRNet Consulting.
Copyright (c) 1999-2019 OutdoorWire, Inc and MUIRNet Consulting - All Rights Reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without express written permission. You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material. All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.